Let’s do this!
1) The missus. Yes, I’ve bumped her up to number 1 this week. She has been away all week (that’s not the reason I’ve bumped her up, like she’s become more favourable by not being here lol) and today she came back. I’ve really missed her. Like when you only notice how much someone does when they’re not there to do it. This morning I woke up and there were no supplies for breakfast so I put together a scone, a plum and a smoothie. It’s not great is it?
2) Baking. I love baking. The missus runs a website and she often discusses vegan baking. I figured I’d give it a go and I made some scones. I replaced the milk with soya milk, the butter with soya margarine and the egg with flax egg. That’s an egg made from flax seed.
3) Working from home. After travelling through London this week and facing bus delays, train delays and a horribly sweaty tube system it made me thankful for not having to do that crap everyday! And I get to sit around in shorts and T-shirt all day. Sometimes not even a shirt if it’s particularly hot.
4) Projects finally coming together. After months of hard work, delays, stress, working late and pissing everyone off, there’s finally light at the end of the tunnel. But you know what? It really doesn’t make up for it. There’s a sense of satisfaction when something gets done, but it’s never worth all the bitching and criticism that is apparently becoming common place these days. Whatever happened to professionalism and mutual respect?
5) The garden. We decided not to cut back most of the weeds and out of control flowers and as a result, it’s become really wild and quite a habitat for all manner of bugs and creatures. Check out these lovely findings:
While watering the garden this morning, I checked out my tomato plants. I’m having babies!!
That’s it for another week. I am still working on my Fings To Do Before I’m Firty list. It’s difficult. It really shouldn’t be…