How is it Friday already?
1) The cats. They make me laugh. Sometimes I hyperventilate! Yesterday I took the string from our veg boxes and let them chase me around the house. Mr Park kept getting low then pouncing, missing, low, pouncing. Miss Aurora vaguely waved an arm in the direction of the passing string. Brilliant!
2) Pancakes. Who can be bothered to wait for pancake day? We have pancakes usually once a week. This morning we had completely vegan ones, the recipe is getting better, and then we had a syrup of stewed strawberries and blueberries. Yum!
3) Living a simple life. To re-iterate my eco post, it’s living a simple life at heart, not necessarily just having no stuff. It’s about disconnecting from all your baggage. To quote a random Google Reader article I was sent:
There are three happiness killers:
Doing work you do not love and are not passionate about,
Surrounding yourself with people who you do not really like (someone who just fills time),
And living somewhere that does not let you be you.
Just stop it.
Life is far too short.
4) Money management. The missus and I have very different attitudes to money. I have now taken over everything. I file everything neatly, I have an Excel spreadsheet for each of my accounts, I have an overview summary which shows me everything. It’s awesome! Can you tell I work in accounting?
5) The missus. Today she retired. Well, not really, she’s not that old!! What she has done is leave PAYE for good. She is now permanently self employed. Working for the man just doesn’t suit her. I treated her to a lovely lamb and mash dinner to celebrate. Recipe to follow on another day.