…let me hear your body talk.
I love how this song is always associated with working out when it’s really about doing it! Ha! I said doing it on my blog!
Today I had my first proper weights exercise session. Man, it was tough! I’ll give you a breakdown as I understand it:
1. 12 minutes on the cross trainer. 6 mins on level 8 then 6 mins on level 9. Hill interval, 11km/h on the flat and 12km/h on the peaks.
2. 3 x 1 minute bursts of wide squats. 12Kg weight.
3. 3 x 10 reps of chest press. 2 x 10Kg weight. Up and down presses.
4. 3 x 10 reps of chest flights (I think they’re called this). 2 x 6Kg weight. Arms out to side and then raised above chest. Semicircle motion.
5. 3 x 10 reps of back rows. Measurement is unclear but I think it’s 60 lbs. Huge scary machine!!
6. 3 x 10 reps of front rows. Again 60 lbs. Different machine. By this point I was struggling!
7. 3 x 10 reps of bicep curls. Big machine. Measurement unknown by staff but it’s 5 1/2 somethings.
8. 3 x 10 reps of tricep curls. Same as 7 but in a different position. Should’ve been 5 1/2 but I dropped to 4 1/2 because I’m a weed!
9. Cool down with a variety of 10 rep sit ups on a pilates ball. Standard, right to left, left to right. Then on floor, various leg lifting exercises.
10. Stretch and then head to the shower!
Took me about an hour but the gym was busy and I was waiting around a bit. I ache! I can barely lift my arms at the minute.
I’m quite weedy. I used to work in a warehouse and lift flat pack stuff all day and I got pretty strong but I’ve spent the last 5 years in an office and it’s all gone to pot.
This is what I’m trying to achieve:
1. Pects. Develop and reduce man-boobage!
2. Biceps. Make my tattoo look even more awesome!
3. Stomach. Reduce ever increasing gut and strengthen sides.
4. Shoulders and back. Get some of that strength again.
5. Triceps and forearms. Obviously it would look weird with massive biceps and puny triceps!
I’ll be working out 3 times a week with a progress review in 5 weeks. I’ll do a before and after update. Lucky you!